Most flat roof are covered in mineral felt, or “torch on felt”. These types of flat roofs are common and have been around for decades and have a lot of problems.
The quality of the works depends very much on the skill of the person who did the job.
There are some good fitters out there so a well laid mineral felt flat roof can last over 10 years. They do get damaged by UV lights and the heat of the sun.
GRP fibreglass roof are a far superior product. GRP or Glass Reinforced Plastic is also an old technology but the adaption to domestic flat roof is more recent.
Why a fit a GRP fibreglass roof?
Fibreglass has a very wide spectrum of properties which include the following:
- Highly tensile and compressive strength
- Very hard and smooth surface – hence the 20 year guarantee
- Un-reactive to most chemicals
- Fire resistant-unlike felt
- Insulator to heat, electricity and sound
- Impervious to water – this is a good one as no leak.
We offer a 20-year anti leak guarantee to GRP fibregalss roof. This is an essential technology for any flat roof these days.